At Innovative, we foster an environment of teamwork, creativity, continuous improvement and respect and integrity. We strive to create opportunities for growth and development of a committed, engaged workforce focused on the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We’re always looking for new talent to join the Innovative team. If you’re interested in bringing your skills to Innovative, please send your resume for review. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Innovative seeks a Sourcing Manager for their production facility. The buyer will work with suppliers, purchasing and production groups to supply operations with materials that are on-time and within quality and engineering specifications and requirements. Communicate schedule changes within the internal organization. Coordinate supplier deliveries using purchasing tools. Work with purchasing group to develop supplier relationships. Interpersonal skills include conflict management, effective verbal and written communication, problem solving, flexibility, and teamwork.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Communicate new or modified materials requirements (Stock/Non Stock) to supplier network. Develop and execute optimum supply chain solutions. Coordinate all activities related to the procurement of a commodity. Negotiate pricing as well as other conditions with suppliers and assure the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price and meets quality and engineering specifications.
- Manage all Sourcing records both physical and digital in the Business System. This includes obtaining quotes and maintaining relative Purchase Order status dates.
- Proactively communicate vendor related issues /shortages to the Purchasing and Production Groups and help identify/implement a plan to keep production flowing.
- Develop good supplier relationships through effective verbal and written communications. Make trips to assess supplier sites that include Asian Pacific regions.
- Command oversight of multiple commodities via full understanding of relative market conditions, supplier manufacturing processes and end user requirements.
- Maintain good and open communications with all internal and external work groups.
- Identify, evaluate and select new sources that will deliver greatest value and return of investment.
- Work with Quality Department to resolve non conformances.
- Work closely with Engineering on Engineering changes and implementation of new products.
- Work with Purchasing and Production groups to continuously improve inventory turns rate, total cost, on time delivery and quality of the assigned commodities.
- Take action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement. Take reasonable risks to achieve results and persevere when challenged.
- Take a well ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
- Complete other duties/ special projects as assigned by the Director of Sourcing and or his/her designee.
- Bachelors Degree with minimum 7 years of related work experience. Business, Engineering or Supply Chain degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP Preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company structure.
- Self-starter, organized, highly adaptive, flexible, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills-MS applications.
- Analyze planning information
- Problem solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary, paid time off, medical and dental benefits, and a 401(k) plan. We foster a fun, collaborative workplace.
Director Project Management
Duties & Objectives
The Director Project Management will Responsible for managing significant, Company-wide projects, typically with significant cross organization complexity. Focus is on setting and flawlessly meeting project time lines, including ongoing communication with key functional groups/stakeholders. Spends majority of time on project management responsibilities, including development and ongoing maintenance of Gantt charts. Helps organize the timing/implementation of the design, testing, planning, and launch of products/projects. Working directly with the CEO, and with all organizational stakeholders, the Director will help define project scope and timing.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Support CEO in ensuring excellent management of agreed projects.
- Lead planning and/or implementation of projects.
- Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas;
- Develop methods to monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management system.
- Drive organizational change and accountability, taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities. Acts as a champion for business process changes; act behind the scenes to craft solutions for business problems related or tangential to the project.
- Be a collaborative member of the company leadership team.
- Be a strong communicator who works well with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team.
- Work in lockstep with engineering team.
- Establish close working relationship with key management members.
- Be proactive on raising issues and identifying problems.
- Set realistic targets and live up to those targets.
- Be open to ideas and guidance. Execute when appropriate. Push back when needed.
- Foster a collaborative environment that encourages feedback from all members of the organization, and instills accountability across all functional areas of the business.
The ideal candidate has extensive project leadership experience in a manufacturing business and is a passionate, dynamic, collaborative leader that is highly driven to achieve excellence. The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of project management. He/she will also be effective not just in overseeing the broad aspects project management, but will be able to successfully involve him/herself as necessary to reinforce a vision of excellence, and overall commitment to positively affecting change throughout the organization.
The successful candidate’s qualifications will include:
- Extensive experience in a project management role at a fast-paced discreet manufacturing business. Comfortable with multiple projects.
- Experience with Asia vendor partners.
- Ability and experience with implementing process and accountability across a broad organizational team.
- PE experience a plus.
- Executive presence; an ability to immediately command respect, both internally and externally.
- Strong core leadership skills, and willing to manage with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Apply quantitative approach.
- Phenomenal people skills and communication ability.
- Positive problem solver approach that encourages a ‘can-do’, solutions based approach by the management team.
- Motivational with excellent interpersonal skills; a dynamic personality that can build relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communications, presentation, analytical and strategic skills. Must be able to easily communicate with all levels of the company as well as external relationships with PE firm, lenders, etc.
- Driven competitor; determined to make the company the recognized industry leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
The packaging engineer leads the development, planning and implementation of product packaging concepts and methods for new products as well as evaluation and improvement of existing packaging designs. The packaging engineer serves as the packaging expert working with various internal departments and cross-functional teams as well as outside vendors to bring packaging methods from initial concept to implementation. This includes coordination of design specifications, prototyping, testing, documentation, and final release for production.
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and quality team to create the most effective packaging methods and materials to meet manufacturing, quality, and customer requirements
- Works with product design engineers to determine the most effective packaging methods for new products in development
- Evaluates current packaging methods and materials and manufacturing systems to identify improvement opportunities
- Coordinates needs of internal manufacturing groups with capabilities of external suppliers
- Assists in packaging vendor evaluation and selection
- Troubleshoots packaging design problems and challenges
- Functions as technical contact for packaging suppliers
- Participates in and contributes to Kaizen events
- Develops and implements packaging testing procedures
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- Well-versed in packaging industry standards and test methods
- Proven history of packaging design and implementation in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to evaluate complex problems, consider needs of various stakeholders, and propose solutions
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- 3-5 years prior experience in packaging design in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and produce process documentation, technical reports , and business correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in various computer applications, including Microsoft Office
- Project management and presentation skills
- Problem identification and solving skills