At Innovative, we foster an environment of teamwork, creativity, continuous improvement and respect and integrity. We strive to create opportunities for growth and development of a committed, engaged workforce focused on the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We’re always looking for new talent to join the Innovative team. If you’re interested in bringing your skills to Innovative, please send your resume for review. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Innovative is seeking experienced material handlers to support our manufacturing operation.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate Powered Industrial trucks and other material handling equipment.
- Load and unload trucks as needed.
- Perform all receiving functions related to UPS/FedEx parcel shipments and truck shipments.
- Efficiently move materials within warehouse areas.
- Package and weigh materials for shipment to outside vendors.
- Pull material and fill job orders efficiently and accurately.
- Perform accurate system transactions as required.
- Utilize and manage appropriate paperwork related to all movement of parts.
- Perform and or assist with cycle counts as required to support inventory accuracy.
- Order and maintain MRO supplies for some areas of production and maintenance.
- Verify inventory accuracy of primary assigned areas
- Follow all safety rules and comply with OSHA regulations regarding material handling and operation of all company equipment.
- Assist with overall safety issues and implementation of safe work practices within assigned department.
- Reports on overall progress of assigned department on a daily basis.
- Perform root cause analysis to investigate discrepancies.
- Actively engages in leading, supporting, and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in material handling/warehousing/distribution with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to pass Forklift certification training.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, highly adaptive and flexible.
- Understands the fundamentals of Lean 101 & 5S.
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to function as both a leader and team member.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with compliance standards related to Forklift operation.
The manufacturing engineer assists in development, planning, implementation, and maintenance of a robust Lean Manufacturing program. This will include working with other manufacturing departments to document current processes and identify opportunities for improvement. Manufacturing engineers develop and improve upon existing manufacturing processes. The manufacturing engineering group leads continuous improvement activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of manufacturing processes.
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participation in and contribution to Kaizen events
- Creation of standard work instructions for manufacturing processes
- Performance and documentation of time studies on assembly operations
- Participation in and leadership in Lean manufacturing exercises
- Providing support to other areas of the organization, including design, planning, quality, and production
- Design and implement production fixtures
- Evaluate manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement and propose changes to existing methods
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- A Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and produce process documentation, technical reports , and business correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management and presentation skills
- Problem identification and solving skills