At Innovative, we foster an environment of teamwork, creativity, continuous improvement and respect and integrity. We strive to create opportunities for growth and development of a committed, engaged workforce focused on the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We’re always looking for new talent to join the Innovative team. If you’re interested in bringing your skills to Innovative, please send your resume for review. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Innovative is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our accounting team. The position will interface with a number of different departments throughout the company as well as outside contacts. The position is responsible for a variety of accounting tasks supporting the accounting/ finance team, many focused on customer-related transactions.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for performing selected clerical and decision-making functions of the accounting department with respect to: preparation of customer invoices and customer credit invoices; processing of customer credit cards; reconciliation of cash; posting of payroll journal entry; and creation and analysis of financial data and reports. This position provides sales analysis and trends, and participates in the forecasting process.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial close.
- Preparation of Board packages.
- Calculation and tracking of sales commission.
- Preparation and analysis of sales and EBITDA forecast updates.
- Analysis of inventory and working capital trends and forecast.
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Prepare Monthly Sales Tax Return and Use Tax on Sales.
- Provide budget vs. actual explanations as required.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant accounting experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Syteline ERP system knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills.
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills in fast-paced environments.
- Experience in Manufacturing.
Technical/OEM Sales Representative
The Technical/OEM Sales Representative position is responsible for managing sales and relationships for assigned accounts.TSRs are responsible for educating their prospects and customers on the benefits of ergonomics, and leveraging that knowledge in the sale of our products and services.
- Responsible for overall management of projects for assigned accounts, assigning responsibility to key players, and responsible to hold all parties accountable to meet time line and end goals.
- Responsible for coordinating pricing on a daily basis for accounts assigned.
- Educating, marketing, and selling the value of ergonomic workplace solutions to end-users.
- Conduct product training for all levels of customers (OEM, dealers, and end users).
- Maintain appropriate sales activity levels at all times.
- Achieve and exceed revenue, profitability, and product mix sales goals.
- Develop a sales plan with management for weekly, monthly, and quarterly strategic sales objectives.
- Collaborate with internal departments, including accounting, engineering, quality, production and customer service to meet unique and challenging customer needs and requirements.
- Facilitate presentations for prospective clients.
- Complete sales activity and opportunity reports, sales order paperwork, installation assistance, and sales training as well as maintain customer contact database.
- Lead strategic business and forecasting discussions with assigned accounts.
- Establish relationships with and educate End Users on ergonomic workplace solutions.
- Maintain a strong understanding of all products and consulting services, including Sit Stands, Desk Stands, flat panel monitor arms, Tablet Solutions, CPU holders, and other ergonomic work tools.
- Attend industry trade shows and events determined to be relevant by both the TSR and the VP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within and outside the organization, including speaking in front of groups of customers.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in an office furniture or related industry preferred.
- Creativity and an ability to convey and sell new ideas.
- Skillful negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Aggressive, persistent follow-up and sales closing skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of spatial relations.
- Understanding of and proficiency in creation and use of sales metrics.
Quality Assurance Technician
This is a second shift position with a 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM work schedule.
This position participates in the inspection of materials, quality audits, problem investigation, and root cause analysis. The position, as part of the Quality team, will provide support, direction, and leadership to the manufacturing teams.
- Perform both receiving inspections of purchased product and parts sent for outside processing for conformance to drawings and specifications, documentation and material certifications.
- Perform in process and final inspections on manufactured product prior to packaging.
- Assist with First Article inspections for conformance to drawings and documentation.
- Perform testing and execute inspection methods used to identify defects and problems within the process.
- Document all inspection results and issue Nonconformance reports and corrective actions as required.
- Maintain inspection equipment, tools, fixtures and gauges to meet the specified requirements and/or calibration procedures.
- Communicate non-conformance issues to Quality Manager, Quality Team Leader and other Engineering groups.
- Perform process audits for a operational procedures and work instructions within all departments.
- Responsible for containment of nonconforming material, problem investigation, and root cause analysis of any non-conformant material or product found during daily inspections.
- Maintain any Quality records and databases that are the result of non-conforming material, deviations, first articles, or equipment calibrations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
- Compile data and prepare QA reports and metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent.
- 3 years experience in quality inspection or auditing.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of quality management systems.
- Working understanding of assembly methods, fixtures, tooling, and fabrication methods.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Coordinate-Measuring Machines.
- A working knowledge of the application and use of geometric dimensioning and tolerance symbols, and inspect parts against them.
- Proficient in reading technical drawings.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 auditing process and techniques preferred.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle/organize multiple complex technical projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter, organized, highly adaptive and flexible, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with the ability to interact and communicate with people at all levels of the business.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to create formulas and manipulate data in Excel and other databases.
Innovative is seeking experienced material handlers to support our manufacturing operation.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate Powered Industrial trucks and other material handling equipment.
- Load and unload trucks as needed.
- Perform all receiving functions related to UPS/FedEx parcel shipments and truck shipments.
- Efficiently move materials within warehouse areas.
- Package and weigh materials for shipment to outside vendors.
- Pull material and fill job orders efficiently and accurately.
- Perform accurate system transactions as required.
- Utilize and manage appropriate paperwork related to all movement of parts.
- Perform and or assist with cycle counts as required to support inventory accuracy.
- Order and maintain MRO supplies for some areas of production and maintenance.
- Verify inventory accuracy of primary assigned areas
- Follow all safety rules and comply with OSHA regulations regarding material handling and operation of all company equipment.
- Assist with overall safety issues and implementation of safe work practices within assigned department.
- Reports on overall progress of assigned department on a daily basis.
- Perform root cause analysis to investigate discrepancies.
- Actively engages in leading, supporting, and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in material handling/warehousing/distribution with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to pass Forklift certification training.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, highly adaptive and flexible.
- Understands the fundamentals of Lean 101 & 5S.
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to function as both a leader and team member.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with compliance standards related to Forklift operation.
The manufacturing engineer assists in development, planning, implementation, and maintenance of a robust Lean Manufacturing program. This will include working with other manufacturing departments to document current processes and identify opportunities for improvement. Manufacturing engineers develop and improve upon existing manufacturing processes. The manufacturing engineering group leads continuous improvement activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of manufacturing processes.
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participation in and contribution to Kaizen events
- Creation of standard work instructions for manufacturing processes
- Performance and documentation of time studies on assembly operations
- Participation in and leadership in Lean manufacturing exercises
- Providing support to other areas of the organization, including design, planning, quality, and production
- Design and implement production fixtures
- Evaluate manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for improvement and propose changes to existing methods
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- A Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and produce process documentation, technical reports , and business correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management and presentation skills
- Problem identification and solving skills