At Innovative, we foster an environment of teamwork, creativity, continuous improvement and respect and integrity. We strive to create opportunities for growth and development of a committed, engaged workforce focused on the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We’re always looking for new talent to join the Innovative team. If you’re interested in bringing your skills to Innovative, please send your resume for review. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The packaging engineer leads the development, planning and implementation of product packaging concepts and methods for new products as well as evaluation and improvement of existing packaging designs. The packaging engineer serves as the packaging expert working with various internal departments and cross-functional teams as well as outside vendors to bring packaging methods from initial concept to implementation. This includes coordination of design specifications, prototyping, testing, documentation, and final release for production.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and quality team to create the most effective packaging methods and materials to meet manufacturing, quality, and customer requirements.
- Works with product design engineers to determine the most effective packaging methods for new products in development.
- Evaluates current packaging methods and materials and manufacturing systems to identify improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates needs of internal manufacturing groups with capabilities of external suppliers.
- Assists in packaging vendor evaluation and selection.
- Troubleshoots packaging design problems and challenges.
- Functions as technical contact for packaging suppliers.
- Participates in and contributes to Kaizen events.
- Develops and implements packaging testing procedures.
- Well-versed in packaging industry standards and test methods.
- Proven history of packaging design and implementation in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to evaluate complex problems, consider needs of various stakeholders, and propose solutions.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- 3-5 years prior experience in packaging design in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop and produce process documentation, technical reports , and business correspondence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in various computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Project management and presentation skills.
- Problem identification and solving skills.
Customer Service Representative
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Representative familiar with manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution practices.
- The ability to accurately process product orders with an acute attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize time and work.
- Clear and timely communication with customers, engineers, logistic teams, and sales people.
- Proficiency in the coordination of on-time order shipments with other departments.
- Strong computer skills and a general understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Order or demand management experience in Syteline, Oracle, SAP or other ERP systems.
A successful Customer Service Representative at Innovative:
- Is motivated, independent, energetic, and highly detailed.
- Is hungry for knowledge and willing to dig in to resolve issues.
- Is mechanically inclined with a good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Has strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Has good judgment and the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Is versatile, flexible, and willing to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Has outstanding interpersonal skills with a desire to be a team player.
- Some college course work completed – Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of customer service experience serving a product manufacturing company.
- Moderate to expert level experience with Outlook and Excel.
Innovative seeks a buyer for their production facility. The buyer will work with suppliers, purchasing and production groups to supply operations with materials that are on-time and within quality and engineering specifications and requirements. Communicate schedule changes within the internal organization. Coordinate supplier deliveries using purchasing tools. Work with purchasing group to develop supplier relationships. Interpersonal skills include conflict management, effective verbal and written communication, problem solving, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Communicate materials requirements (Stock/Non Stock) to supplier network and issue purchase orders. Coordinate all activities related to the procurement of a commodity. Negotiate pricing as well as other conditions with suppliers and assure the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price and meets quality and engineering specifications.
- Manage all Purchasing records both physical and digital in the Business System. This includes obtaining quotes and maintaining Purchase Order status dates. Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents.
- Proactively communicate vendor related issues /shortages to the Production Group and help identify/implement a plan to keep production flowing.
- Develop good supplier relationships through effective verbal and written communications. When possible, make trips to assess supplier sites.
- Develop knowledge of assigned commodities including supplier manufacturing processes and end user requirements.
- Maintain good and open communications with all internal and external work groups.
- Resolve receiving and invoice discrepancies by working with Receiving, Accounting and the supplier. Work with Quality Department to resolve non conformances.
- Work with Engineering on Engineering changes and implementation of new products.
- Work with Purchasing and Production groups to continuously improve inventory turns rate, total cost, on time delivery and quality of the assigned commodities.
- Take action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement. Take reasonable risks to achieve results and persevere when challenged.
- Take a well ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
- Complete other duties/ special projects as assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor and or his/her designee.
- Associates Degree- Business or equivalent work experience .Bachelors in Business or Supply Chain preferred.
- One year in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP Preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company structure.
- Self-starter, organized, highly adaptive, flexible, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills-MS applications.
- Analyze planning information.
- Problem solving skills.
Assembly Line Production Worker
- Performing routine preventative maintenance checks on equipment.
- Completing daily 5S requirements to keep the department organized and safe.
- Collaborating with coworkers and the Team Leader to identify problems and help solve them.
- Utilizing manual and power hand tools to build and assemble products for final shipment to customers.
- Participating in equipment and job changeovers as needed.
- Are enthusiastic and excited to learn and apply new skills.
- Are flexible and adaptable, willing and able to work in fast paced and high volume environments with frequent changes in types of tasks.
- Are dependable and motivated.
- Are problem solvers.
- Are able to effectively communicate with the rest of the team and supervisors.
Innovative offers competitive pay including shift differential for second shift, overtime opportunities, comprehensive health benefits and a 401(k) matching program.
Our facility is clean, well lit and climate controlled. Join the Innovative team today!
Job Type: Full-time
Innovative is seeking experienced material handlers to support our manufacturing operation.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Operate Powered Industrial trucks and other material handling equipment.
- Load and unload trucks as needed.
- Perform all receiving functions related to UPS/FedEx parcel shipments and truck shipments.
- Efficiently move materials within warehouse areas.
- Package and weigh materials for shipment to outside vendors.
- Pull material and fill job orders efficiently and accurately.
- Perform accurate system transactions as required.
- Utilize and manage appropriate paperwork related to all movement of parts.
- Perform and or assist with cycle counts as required to support inventory accuracy.
- Order and maintain MRO supplies for some areas of production and maintenance.
- Verify inventory accuracy of primary assigned areas
- Follow all safety rules and comply with OSHA regulations regarding material handling and operation of all company equipment.
- Assist with overall safety issues and implementation of safe work practices within assigned department.
- Reports on overall progress of assigned department on a daily basis.
- Perform root cause analysis to investigate discrepancies.
- Actively engages in leading, supporting, and participating in continuous improvement activities.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in material handling/warehousing/distribution with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to pass Forklift certification training.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, highly adaptive and flexible.
- Understands the fundamentals of Lean 101 & 5S.
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to function as both a leader and team member.
- Basic math skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with compliance standards related to Forklift operation.