At Innovative, we foster an environment of teamwork, creativity, continuous improvement and respect and integrity. We strive to create opportunities for growth and development of a committed, engaged workforce focused on the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
We’re always looking for new talent to join the Innovative team. If you’re interested in bringing your skills to Innovative, please send your resume for review. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
This position will perform selected clerical and decision-making functions of the finance department with respect to: preparation of customer invoices and customer credit memos; and backup to check issuance function.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany for month end close
- Prepare Monthly Sales Tax Return and Use Tax on Sales
- Process commission and spiff reports
- Process contract reports- state and government
- Assist with month-end close process
- Prepare daily Bank reconciliation
- Process RMA credits (Return Material Authorizations)
- Support Annual Audit and Year-end Inventory
- Freight Cost Analysis
- Daily Sales Tracking to upper management
- Process invoices for prior day’s shipments
- Process credit memos as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports
- Syteline ERP system knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including word and outlook
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Prioritization and multi-tasking skills in fast paced environments
- Minimum of 2-4 years relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and quality team to create the most effective packaging methods and materials to meet manufacturing, quality, and customer requirements
- Works with product design engineers to determine the most effective packaging methods for new products in development
- Evaluates current packaging methods and materials and manufacturing systems to identify improvement opportunities
- Coordinates needs of internal manufacturing groups with capabilities of external suppliers
- Assists in packaging vendor evaluation and selection
- Troubleshoots packaging design problems and challenges
- Functions as technical contact for packaging suppliers
- Participates in and contributes to Kaizen events
- Develops and implements packaging testing procedures
Preferred skills and qualifications include:
- Well-versed in packaging industry standards and test methods
- Proven history of packaging design and implementation in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to evaluate complex problems, consider needs of various stakeholders, and propose solutions
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- 3-5 years prior experience in packaging design in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop and produce process documentation, technical reports , and business correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in various computer applications, including Microsoft Office
- Project management and presentation skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
The buyer will work with suppliers, purchasing and production groups to supply operations with materials that are on-time and within quality and engineering specifications and requirements. Communicate schedule changes within the internal organization. Coordinate supplier deliveries using purchasing tools. Work with purchasing group to develop supplier relationships. Interpersonal skills include conflict management, effective verbal and written communication, problem solving, flexibility, and teamwork.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Communicate materials requirements (Stock/Non Stock) to supplier network and issue purchase orders. Coordinate all activities related to the procurement of a commodity. Negotiate pricing as well as other conditions with suppliers and assure the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price and meets quality and engineering specifications.
- Manage all Purchasing records both physical and digital in the Business System. This includes obtaining quotes and maintaining Purchase Order status dates. Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents.
- Proactively communicate vendor related issues /shortages to the Production Group and help identify/implement a plan to keep production flowing.
- Develop good supplier relationships through effective verbal and written communications. When possible, make trips to assess supplier sites.
- Develop knowledge of assigned commodities including supplier manufacturing processes and end user requirements.
- Maintain good and open communications with all internal and external work groups.
- Resolve receiving and invoice discrepancies by working with Receiving, Accounting and the supplier. Work with Quality Department to resolve non conformances.
- Work with Engineering on Engineering changes and implementation of new products.
- Work with Purchasing and Production groups to continuously improve inventory turns rate, total cost, on time delivery and quality of the assigned commodities.
- Take action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement. Take reasonable risks to achieve results and persevere when challenged.
- Take a well ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity.
- Complete other duties/ special projects as assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor and or his/her designee.
- Associates Degree- Business or equivalent work experience. Bachelors in Business or Supply Chain preferred.
- One year in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP Preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company structure.
- Self-starter, organized, highly adaptive, flexible, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills-MS applications.
- Analyze planning information
- Problem solving skills.