The role of Quality Systems Engineer is a critical component to the future of our organization. This individual will focus on Innovative’s Quality Management System and process associated with continuous improvement of the QMS and manufacturing processes.
- The Quality Engineer for Manufacturing Process will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of complex performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
- Reviews processes and procedures for compliance to the ISO 9001 specification and internal documentation.
- Provides recommendations for processes to ensure alignment with strategic direction.
- Facilitates the continuous improvement of the Quality Management system by working with multiple departments to align tasking and creating process flow charts for procedures.
- Coordinates necessary process changes (through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods) and assists in implementing solutions.
- Experience in conducting and leading training courses on documented procedures and work instructions
- Performs Quality Audits for all aspects of our QMS and generates corrective actions for opportunities for improvement.
- Actively participates in the NPI process to ensure that Quality planning activities are performed up front prior to product launch.
- Help develop an obtain ISO certification of the facilities QMS program
- Conducts and facilitates team-driven root cause analysis of product or process failures and drives efficient and effective corrective actions.
- Supports and facilitates use of Quality tools like FMEA, CAPA, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analytics, 8D, Lean, 5-Why, etc. Provides support of Quality or other functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Process Engineering field or 10 years Direct Quality Experience with 5 being a quality engineer.
- Thorough understanding of the ISO 9001: 2015 CQA or QCE highly desired
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Visio, Power Point and other software’s applications
- Understanding of Quality Management System
- Strong quantitative, analytical and systems thinking skills
- Effective communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation areas
- Quality Functional Leadership training and Change Management training
- Excellent skills in planning, organizing and project management
- Six Sigma Green Belt. Black Belt highly desired.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ISO 9001, standards and auditing
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization’s business practices and issues.
- Considerable experience utilizing problem solving tools & quality assurance methodologies including Plan-Do-Check-Act (A3), 8D, Kaizen, Lean Cell Design, Error-Proofing, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, 5-Why, Ishikawa, etc.
- Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key
- Responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.